Saturday, April 7, 2012

First Impressions

   Hi y'all, it's Jennie. I guess this is the first non-Matt entry to the blog and the responsibility has fallen on me to report to everyone that I am nervous beyond belief.

    It's incredibly embarrassing for me to say this, because it was my own fault, but two summers ago I was signed up for a trip to Israel with a lot of people I knew very well and I ended up not going. Why? The simple answer is because I wasn't doing well my sophomore year and had to go to summer school. The real answer is that I was so terrified of traveling out of the country on top of balancing the rest of my high school career that I totally gave up.

    Now here I am again, same position, at the cusp of going to the Holy Land and my perspective has altered so much that I cannot possibly call myself the same person I was. So why am I nervous? Because I have gained so much since then and from our few brief meetings. I guess you could call it confidence...? Maybe some ill-defined kick of adrenaline... All I know is how excited I am to get to know each one of you and share the emotional rollercoaster this trip's destined to be.

    I'm hoping that we'll all walk back on U.S. soil in three weeks as stronger, more solid, and better connected people.

-Jennie Waits

(p.s.- also can I just say that I'm totally in love with Henry and Diana?)

No comments:

Post a Comment